The ICUF Scholarships are for short visits of two to four weeks which will;
- benefit the scholar’s research,
- establish new or build on existing academic links between Canada and Ireland, and
- provide the opportunity for the development of ongoing links in that research area.
Amount of the award:
The amount of the award is contingent on the duration of the research visit, and is based on a duration of between two and four weeks. The precise details of the visits are left to the scholars to decide on and arrange for themselves.
Awards are structured as follows;
- Travel expenses up to a total of CAD 1,300 will be paid to scholars (on transfer of receipts to ICUF).
- A weekly stipend of CAD 1,000 will be paid to scholars. This will range from CAD 2,000 (two week visit) to CAD 4,000 (four week visit).
- Travel expenses up to a total of € 1,000 will be paid to scholars (on transfer of receipts to ICUF).
- A weekly stipend of € 800 will be paid to scholars. This will range from €1,600 (two week visit) to €3,200 (four week visit).
Scholars are of course free to extend the duration of their stay for personal or professional reasons.